Congratulations it's a... Blog?

Congratulations it's a... Blog? Well now that it's here I really don't know what to do with it. Guess we will see...

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Facebook and the Like button

Sorry it's been a while, I started a post for the Tip of the week but just didn't like the way it was going but hopefully I'll get it out next week.

This will probably be short because there isn't much to say but I'm sure I'll go off on something. Recently I've noticed that companies out there have been taking advantage of the free advertising that Facebook has to offer. I'm sure you'll find a Facebook page out there for just about every product you could think of or at least for the company that sells the product. But why? Are you a personal friend of Ronald McDonald? Do you hang out with the Pepsi guys? Are you even an acquittance of the Verizon company or even know of some one who is? Then why would you "friend" them in Facebook? They would certainly encourage you to, in fact they would love it if everyone added them as friends on Facebook or "Liked" anything related to their product.

Why do they do this, well once your their your "friend" they are open to spam you and in turn everyone else that your "friends" with. It's free advertising they get their product out there by miss using a free social service. This is one of the reasons I hate Facebook, bad enough it's full of useless junk but to make it even worse to fill it full of ads. I don't know of any legal restrictions that would prohibit this, and if it was me I would probably do the same. Let's not encourage this sort of behavior by going along with their underhanded tactics. Facebook is bad enough with out that sort of rubbish.

(Sorry for that ranting it was kind of a lame post if you ask me. Just a pointing out my dislike of Facebook and the stuff that goes on not a lot of information. Mostly just trying to put up anything because it's been a while. I do have a few ideas that I will be doing in the next few weeks that will be much better, promise. Still have my tip of the week I haven't finished yet so I'll be getting that done first.)

No comments:

Post a Comment